Monday, August 08, 2005

Keeping Busy

It is the eve of our 'due date', and we've been passing the time today in the usual ways. We had an uneventful midwife appointment where we met the practice's summer sub, Franneke. She was really nice. Now we've met them all, so we should be fine no matter who shows up for the birth.
After our appointment we did a little shopping. When Laurens and Rick visited about a month ago Laurens bought some really awesome boots in Enschede. I have been thinking about them ever since, and had to go pick myself up a pair today. That is one of the (few) benefits of living so far away from a close friend with great taste in clothes-- you can totally copy her without cramping her style. I must say, I picked out a too-snug size first to try on-- thank goodness Mike was there to assist me with the de-booting. Of course, I would not attempt to walk outside the safety of my own home with these right now-- the balance thing is not quite what it should be. However, I had a great time wearing them around the house, and look forward to breaking them in in the next months.
Mike made some progress on the staircase rail-- it is really shaping up. In the meantime Keska found a new spot for sunning herself.

No comments: