Monday, August 15, 2005

James Dalton Maier


The wait is over! Welcome to the world James Dalton Maier! Katharine surprised herself and the midwife with how quickly we progressed today; mother and baby are resting and healthy as can be after a lot of hard work. Its a bit surreal but we are proud that it went as well as it did at home. James Dalton is fast asleep now under Momma's watchful (and sleepy) gaze, tucked in to his basket next to the bed with his kruik (a steel hot water bottle wrapped in diapers). All in all a good day for the Holland Maiers.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! How ADORABLE! (wiping tears from my eyes) WE are SO SO SO proud of you three! Lots of love, the Steedleys!

Anonymous said...

Our congratulations with the wonderfull baby. He looks very beautifull and is very sweet. That James may bring as much joy into your lives as Eefke did in ours. We hope that Katharine is fine and that Mike takes care of James, Katharine and himself. Also (new) daddies have to rest sometime.

Anonymous said...

Mike, can you tell us a bit more about weight, length and the exact time of birth? I think I can figure out the gender of the baby by myself ;-)

Tamara would like to know, she will be asking it tomorrow morning and I will be in trouble if I've forgot to ask (like I normally do, men forget to ask things like this or don't think it is that important to ask, is my experience)

Anonymous said...

We here in Hahira, Ga, USA are so delighted. He is a gorgeous little boy!!! He is the newest and most beautiful American on foreign soil! Lot of love and congratulations, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jesse Parrott

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both. I think that he is gorgeous and I can't wait to see him!

Love,

Jennie Strickland Armstrong

Anonymous said...

We highly approve of precious Master Maier! He looks like a keeper to us! That picture should give Laurens a sho'nuff' case of baby fever! Our congratulations and love to the three of you! May God bless you always!
Love, Ann & Boo

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely beautiful. I cried. Lynn LaHood being here made it really fun and extra exciting. She was asking all the important questions as I got lost in emotion and excitement!!! Was so glad afterward she was here to help me know the things I would be asked all day.

Anonymous said...

Hellooooo there you beautiful parents!! And welcome to the world Mr. James! How adorable! I'm so happy that all went well and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Much much love and congratulations!!
Laurens & Rick

Anonymous said...

Hangin out with Mr. Levins here, checking your blog. Holy Smoke, a new era. Jim says he's a cutie-pie.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Cathrine and Mike. The baby sure looks fresh like fruits the mother was eating during presentation sessions she had with us.

Anonymous said...

He is absolutly adorable!! I am so happy for the two of you! Your sister e-mailed me this site and I am so glad that she did so I could see your beautiful little man! You are a real trooper and did a great job! Get all the rest that you can and take care. Again, CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Liz and I were praying for you guys!

Oh my gosh - James is a beautiful baby! Congratulations

I may be out your way next spring -maybe I could see him in person.

Cousin Joe Wainer

Anonymous said...

Congratulations-he is beautiful. Glad to know everyone is doing well! Your blog is wonderful, and Kat, pregnancy is very becoming to you. Please be in touch when you come to town!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How sweet he is! We wish you all the very best. Parenthood is a wonderful journey!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katharine and Mike
congratulations on your little cute James ...i think his looks are more of a combination from you guys...Congrats again!!!
God Bless!
Lana Rose (Manaligod)