Well, we all had a restful night all things considered. One lucky stroke is that after weeks of cold rain, the sun has finally come out- which helps with the 8 loads of laundry we have done in the last 12 hours. Every birth is amazing in its own right, but I like to think it serendipitous that the clouds broke yesterday with Katharine's water, (really almost at the same moment- I was looking out the window as she tried to break all the bones in my hand...) and has remained sunny and dry today.
Some facts: I'm not sure yet who won the pool exactly (misschien Judith?) but after converting everything and giving an educated guess at the length (the nurse said its not best to try and stretch him all the way out right now,) J.Dalton Maier stacks up so-
7 lbs. 5 oz. = 3320 grams
20.5 inches = 52 cm
He had his first little bath and loved it once he was in the water- definitely fussy unless covered in a body temp medium- he even quieted in the weighing taco bag--see photos.
Katharine's Dutch is improving in leaps and bounds learning about baby issues with the kraamverzorgster.
12 comments:
How GREAT! Keep the adorable photos coming! You look AWESOME Katharine! We've loved Mike's descriptions of the big event. It is awesome! :)
Mike and Kat,
Congratulations!! He is beautiful. I know the whole experience seems surreal - but the laundry is real! Enjoy your days watching him in the crib!
Love Bill, Madeline and the Boys.
Oh, how beautiful! Babies are such amazing miracles. :) Congratulations to you all and enjoy your new addition.
~Sara Windjue
He is beautiful! Way to go Kat and Mike! Love, Annie and Rollie Johnson
Katharine, I did not know you and Mike were bloggers. I didn't know what a blog was until a few months ago. That's what I get for living and working in the Francis Marion too much! Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS, from John and me. We are so happy for you both and the new baby. And how awesome it is that you did it at home! James is beautiful and I love the frog diapers! You look so beautiful as well. I don't think I've ever seen such a pretty new mom! James is very lucky to have such wonderful parents. We love you lots and will be thinking of your family often!
OMG. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations and much love. --Charlie
You are all so beautiful, and so enjoyed seeing the happy family and hearing the news before and now! We are so happy for the happy family :), and thrilled for you all!
With Peace and Love, Dan and Angela Halfacre Hitchcock
Kat and Mike,
All I know, is if I were to be entering the world today, I couldn't think of two cooler parents to embrace me... lots of luck and love sent your way.
Best,
Ashley
Kevin wants to know why he is sleeping in a laundry basket?
He is so cute, Kevin blew him a kiss!
Kevin Maier
Great work you two. I have no doubt that your influence will make James into the funniest person of all time. I hope you teach him English so that us Americans can enjoy his future witicisms. Congrats!!!
J Thiggy
my new cousin....is he james, jimmy or i thought J.D is good
-brad maier-
He's adorable, and you look fantastic! Charles and I are so happy for you all.
Love always,
Elaine
Post a Comment