I'd be lying (shout out to all the new parents,) if I kept reporting how his cuteness is feeding regularly and sleeping like an angel in every post. Actually I'm surprised I'm posting anything at all on the 2 sweet hours of sleep I've had in the past... I don't know, I've lost count. As I told my sister last night- we could have another blog devoted entirely to the anxiety and insanity that creeps up on you in the middle of the night when nothing can satisfy the poor little guy. But how much fun would that really be?
The recent silver linings have come in the area of calming apparatus: the sling, and the P.R.A.M. (Parental Rolling Ambience Manoeuvre). When I came back from running the dogs last night, Kat proudly showed me the sleeping bundle wrapped in the ancient but simple technology of a tube of cloth wrapped around your shoulders. Not 100% effective the whole night through, but for after feeding sleep inducement a real addition to the arsenal.
Today, as the door shut behind the nurse at 1:30, James began the afternoon fuss we've come to expect. Thats when we applied the P.R.A.M., a mix of rolling through the already crowded living room and mid-volume Yo-Yo-Ma on the stereo.
We also had the heel-prick (traumatic), and hearing test today and everything is fine. I went and got his Dutch birth certificate this morning- now we just have to get fotos and a residence permit and U.S. passport in Amsterdam in the next month or so. He is American by the way, if one parent held a different citizenship he could choose at 18 or something, but thats moot for us.
In other milestone news, I've been getting spam in the comments so you have to register to post comments on the blog now; click on comment and fill out the form to register as a Blogger user, all you need is an email address.
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys are doing great. James is a cute little fellow and it's hard to imagine such a sweetie giving you an instant of trouble. HA! My sister (Jen) says that about Annika and is she ever wrong.
I've accidentally made a blog - http://stephbachman.blogspot.com/ while trying to sign up to post a comment. Don't know how long it will last, but there it is.
Post a Comment