




I am part of a women's group called WiT: Women in Twente (Twente is the region where we live). The group is comprised of women from all over the world, including a few Dutch women. There are three pregnant members of WiT right now-- myself, Katerina from the Czech republic and Galina from Armenia (in the photo you can see Galina on my right and Katerina on my left). Of these three I am due first, followed by Galina in September and Katerina in October. Baby showers are not necessarily a Dutch tradition, it is more common to visit the baby after the birth and at that time bring a gift if you like. However, the WiT group has a tradition of holding baby showers for their members. The ladies held a joint baby shower and tea for the three of us yesterday-- it was a beautiful afternoon spent in Letteke's garden. Just across the street a horse and carriage show was going on, which kept us thoroughly entertained. The little Maier received many nice gifts, which I have photographed here-- though the photos don't really do them any justice. This little parka is an especially poor photo-- the parka is a bright, sunny yellow in real life! I also received some perfume from Galina-- she thought the mothers should have a gift, too. It was a wonderful afternoon, but I was completely exhausted by the end of it. I came home and crashed out!
No comments:
Post a Comment