Saturday, July 02, 2005

Baby Kamer Kunst




These are a bunch of small canvases that Katharine painted to decorate the baby room. As with the stamp collection I gave her for her birthday, they took a fraction of the time I expected to complete. Keeping her busy and out of the way as the remodel progresses is a task in itself. BBQ helps.

The characters are just a few of our faves:
The Very Quiet Cricket
Yertle the Turtle
Lowly Worm
the Treats page from 'the little engine that could'
Ferdinand the Bull
Madeleine
Peter Rabbit
The Little House (not from the prarie, but from author Virginia Lee Burton)
Max from 'where the wild things are'
AND Pooh

1 comment:

Dogwood Girl said...

Mike and Kat,
Great idea! I might have to revive my neglected blog too. Just have to find the time. . . .
We painted our own baby nursery stuff too, and let me just say - yours looks MUCH better. Rollie is going to have lifelong confusion between spiders and lobsters because of something we painted. Mike, I'm really excited for you, and looking forward to meeting little Maier and also to meeting Kat. Kat, can't wait to hear your birth story - I think it is great that you are having your baby there and that it jives with your birth philosophy, etc. - Annie in Atlanta

p.s. Mike, I think Matt Long has a blog too. . . .