Sunday, July 03, 2005

Swimming in the baby pool

Our friend David has organized a baby betting pool. The idea is that anyone can bet 2 euros on certain baby characteristics (date of birth, sex, weight and time of birth). The weight and time of birth are used as tie breakers for the sex and date. He is keeping track of all the complicated details, but has shared the basic stats with us, now that the betting is over.

And the numbers are...

Participant Date Time Sex Weight (in kg) **
Arentsen, Maarten 7/30/2005 7:30 M 1.878
Arentsen, Maarten 8/11/2005 19:30 F 1.64
Bierman,Gerben 8/7/2005 17:30 M 3.200
Berglund, Sara 8/10/2005 15:15 M 3.975
Boshuizen, Johannes 7/28/2005 15:34 M 3.328
Bressers, Hans 8/8/2005 7:30 F 3.600
de Bruijn, Theo 7/31/2005 8:05 M 3.265
Fikkers, Derek Jan 8/9/2005 2:34 M 3.789
Groenleer, Martijn 8/16/2005 2:00 M 3.500
Hofman, Peter 8/5/2005 2:00 F 3.300
Hofman, Peter 8/14/2005 10:00 F 3.200
Hongwei, Shi 8/1/2005 12:00 M 3.800
Horn, Laura 8/7/2005 17:00 F 3.700
Janssen, Judith 8/11/2005 11:45 M 3.400
Janssen, Judith 8/15/2005 14:50 F 3.200
Janssen, Judith 8/16/2005 6:40 M 3.500
Klieverik, Wendie 8/7/2005 23:50 F 3.175
Leeuw, Rianne 8/11/2005 9:13 F 3.150
Liedenbaum, Caroline 7/30/2005 23:15 F 3.500
Liedenbaum, Caroline 8/1/2005 3:45 M 4.000
Maier, Mike 8/5/2005 9:00 F 3.430
Mathis, Arno 7/28/2005 16:30 F 3.100
Owens, Katharine 8/9/2005 15:30 M 3.289
Owens, Katharine 8/16/2005 10:00 M 3.402
Owens, Katharine (mother's guess) 8/2/2005 7:48 M 3.402
Regeczi, David 8/8/2005 14:00 F 3.400
Suvarierol, Semin 8/13/2005 13:00 M 3.750
Toshkov, Dimiter 8/7/2005 9:00 F 3.650


I just have to say that I hope the bets of 3.6 kilos (roughly 8 lbs.) and higher are not accurate. As you can see, Mike and I are firmly hoping for the 3.4 kilo (7.5 lb) range. I am pleased to see that no one is betting on it being more than a week late-- I think that will take about all of the patience we have.

No comments: