
Anyone who knows me knows that, in general, sleeping is not a problem. Right or wrong, I have the ability to fall asleep just about anywhere. Major concerts, classes, restaurants, parties, bars... I have easily slept in all of these places. Noise level, situation, pride-- nothing keeps me from sleeping when I am ready. One of the preparations for the Bradley Method is to lie down and relax your body without falling asleep-- and it has been extremely difficult for me to practice this.
I have actually made it this far in the pregnancy without much of a struggle getting comfortable at night. For many weeks I have utilized an elaborate pillow-configuration/cocoon that involves between 3 and 5 pillows of various sizes and consistencies. I have to confess I have even woken Mike up in the middle of the night to let him know that I think he has one of my pillows and I have one of his... poor Mike. However, this week is different. The pillow configuration that has seen me through the last months is not working anymore. Also, as I shift from left side to right side in the night I have a 'turtle moment' at one point where I honestly think, 'am I going to get stuck like this?'
No comments:
Post a Comment