So, we have joined the blog world! A friend recommended setting up a baby website for our friends and family abroad. We were reluctant at first, but it will probably make it easier for EVERYONE.At this point it will have to be a pregnancy website, as we have no baby yet. To be precise we have 5 weeks and 3 days until the due date of 9 August.
Here is a photo of the baby's current home-- my belly. Things are getting crowded in there, but the pregnancy has gone really well overall.
We are thrilled to be having the baby in the Netherlands-- it is common practice to have babies at home here, without anesthesia. We would be interested in natural childbirth anyway (here is it just called childbirth). It is much more convenient and reassuring to be in a place where what we want is the norm.
In preparation I have been studying the Bradley Method...should be interesting to see how it goes. I have a lot of work to do between now and delivery, but I am pretty confident about it. Their arguments and advice make a lot of sense to me-- but I'll have to get back with you on the results...