Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We call it improvisation





I let the air out of the baby pool last week. It was overcast, rainy, cool if not cold-- and felt as if that was it for the summer. It seemed like the pool was constantly underfoot and only getting weathered out in the back garden. Well, now that it is hot and sunny in tropical Enschede. In lieu of forcing myself to pass out yesterday when backyard play got too hot, we pulled out the baby bath and had a popsicle.
Ghost and Keska tip-tapped around and looked for their best popsicle-grabbing opportunity. It did not surface.
About this time last year I started checking out the American Political Science Association website for environmental policy jobs. They have an advanced searching feature where one can put in position sought, region, keywords... lots of different criteria. At that time I noticed they have a link to "check all jobs posted within last two days". At the time I thought, what kind of total loser is checking out this website every two days. Well, reader, that loser is me. Though I check it much too often I have already found a few positions I will be applying for, in New York state and Connecticut.

No comments: