Will has been crowing for a while, making all sorts of sounds to express his joy including giggling and laughing. This week he found his own scream. Not a sad sound, or a frustrated sound, but a totally happy (and hilarious) scream. Repeated over and over and over again.
Mike let me sleep in (until about 7:30) one morning last week and I was awoken by Will repeatedly screaming as he lay on his new activity blanket with things dangling above. If only we had our camera we could make a video of it--- but we hope to replace the camera within the next few months and we will get it then.
In other news I took the boys to the SC Aquarium on Friday. It was super fun-- James really loved it. They have an area where you can stick your hands in the water and touch various animals (though he did not want to touch the hermit crabs, he would hold shells, and the horseshoe crab FREAKED him out). Even Will stared, gaped, and smiled when I parked his carriage in front of the big tank. It is nowhere near the size of the GA Aquarium, but it was so accessible and easy to manage. It was a fun day. It is so expensive that I think we will just get a family membership so we can enjoy it a lot while we are here. Don't get me started on the $4.00 hotdog.
My second class went really well. My students are great, and I think we are going to have a good semester. The material is research methods, which is not exciting stuff to most folks-- but I am really loving it and they will survive.
Politics are heating up in SC-- I was polled by telephone one night last week about all kinds of issues, which I loved. My class is about research methods (including survey, etc) so I had a great example to share with them. Barack Obama was at CofC about 10 days ago but I was not able to make his speech. I went hours later to class and there were still guys in black suits and reporters everywhere. I think I heard Edwards was working at the soup kitchen that same day... but things are a little too busy for us to follow political candidates around at this point in time. It was really fun to be polled, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment