





We are staying busy as always, but managing to find the time to enjoy ourselves here in Charleston. First an update on the boys. James is flourishing at the Island School. He literally RUNS in every morning, which helps us feel great about the experience he's having there. Will is nearly crawling-- all the elements are there, but he is not managing to put them together in the right way quite yet.
Mike's work with the Handyman Connection is going really well. It takes a great deal of maneuvering to get to the sites each day while factoring in time to drop off and pick up James-- but it is workable. If only public transportation was better here. I have pored over the route of the lone bus that makes its way out to James Island from downtown, and there is just no way to make it work.
I ran my second race this past weekend. An 8K to benefit water conservation in the lowcountry. I completed it-- I ran the whole time-- and made it in 57 minutes. Certainly nowhere near the folks who won (even in my age category) but I was thrilled. My goal was to finish it, and to do it in less than an hour. I still cannot believe that in January I could only run about 10 minutes before giving up. Compared to the 37 minutes it took me to run the 5K my rate is improving (From 7.4 minutes per Kilometer to 7.125 per kilometer)--and it makes me happy. I have about 6 weeks to get ready for the Bridge run, which should be a whopper-- 10K and an incline.
Everything I have run so far is FLAT-- so I will have to go to the bridge and have a few practice runs in the next weeks.
Photos are of me (in orange shirt and black pants) near the finish line, of Will before the haircut-- (it was surely time) of Kyle, Olivia and James on the swing, James proudly showing his Thomas undies, and of our impromptu Sjoele tournament last night. Everyone LOVED this great Dutch import.
2 comments:
Whoo! Way to go on the undies, James! And on your race, awesome! : )
Awesome Kat! You will continue to improve. What about cycling to the bus or into Charleston--I can't remember how far it is from James to the C. --so don't know if it is doable and I am assuming you are talking solo not with kiddos.
My dad use to commute cycle from Roswell to Cumming before it got so traffic crazy. That and he got fat, lol.
Post a Comment