So- another busy week. Still no USB cord, so no photos... but we hope our belongings will be here soon. The ship was slated to arrive on 31 January, but we are not sure what to expect in terms of a timeline for the items clearing customs, etc. Then the real question will become-- what to DO with all that stuff. Some of it will be very welcome. I am literally wearing out the three pairs of pants I packed. It will be nice to have some 'new' things in the wardrobe. We are also looking forward to some of the toys/etc that are for Will-- he has grown and changed a lot in the last 6 weeks and he may even be ready for the exer-saucer... we can only hope.
My class continues to go really well. The students are great and the work keeps me busy but it is a nice break. Mike is thoroughly enjoying working on handyman projects.
James attended the Island School for the first time today. WOW! Is the word. It is such a great, diverse, stimulating environment for him. He LOVED it. They also happen to have an amazing playground, as they are currently using the facilities of the Johns Island First Baptist Church. They did all sorts of fun activities today, including BAKING. How cool is that? They sent him home with a few of the cookies he'd made. It was hard to get him to wait until after naptime to eat them for a snack. We even saw some folks we knew there. A couple from our old dog park downtown. As is the case with most dogpark friends, we don't know their names-- but know their dog's name (it is Cooper). After a few minutes of "why do you look familiar?" We finally hit on the dog park connection. They totally remember Ghost and Keska. Their son William will be in James' class. So-- always nice to see a familiar face and no, we still do not know their names.
Tomorrow morning I will attempt to run my first 5K race. I have never really run any race like that before. I walked the Cooper River Bridge run in 1993... but I'd like to run it this year. Hopefully Annie [aka dogwood girl] will make it up and do it, too. The bridge run is a 10K, so in preparation I will attempt the Morris Island Lighthouse 5K tomorrow. It should be fun, and I am hoping the excitement/competition element will help see me through. I do not think I have run that far before...
For the most part we are healthy, happy, and doing fine. Still adjusting to life in the States, but ultimately glad to be near friends and family.
1 comment:
Whoo hooo! Good luck on your race this morning!! : )
Post a Comment