Monday, March 03, 2008

I like to ride my bicycle



Well, we got THE cutest T-shirt in the mail last week from our good friend Heidi in Portland (formerly of Charleston, then Virginia). I think we've had it only for a full seven days and James has worn it twice to school already. He thinks it is so cute, and it fits him perfectly. The cut is precisely James' body shape-- long and thin. We're hoping this will turn into a Will hand-me down.. hmmm... good thing it is stretchy, because ain't nothing long and thin about that one. (See bath video below for documentation). Will has cut his first two teeth, and in honor of the occasion has been a wee bugger for several days. You can sympathize, but it is still difficult to have your sweet and cheerful baby turn into a teary and fussy bean. It takes an adjustment all the way around. You can just see them peeking through, and he keeps his tongue stuck out, feeling them all the time.

I got a call from Wheaton College in Massachusetts today-- they were interested in interviewing me for their assistant teaching position. Though it is certainly nice to feel that more than one school is interested in me, I am absolutely content with Hartford. I told them I'd already signed on with another school. Of the schools to which I applied, there were definitely a few at the top of my list-- both Hartford and Wheaton were certainly up there, so I feel great about the decision I've already made.

It is Spring Break this week-- and we're doing nothing in celebration. Mike is busily trying to finish many jobs with the handyman connection in Mount Pleasant. Both my sitters are away for the week-- one to Vegas and one to Orlando. Spring Break has changed a little since my day. I'd found another sitter who seemed ideal, she even lives in this neighborhood, but she canceled on me last night. Bummer. I am trying to use this as an opportunity to work on my patience, but I am ITCHING to be finishing my dissertation right now. I am in the middle of writing a really neat chapter about one of my Dutch cases, and I really felt like I was making some scholarly progress last week.
OK- I hear a fussy teether waking up, so enjoy this bathtime footage and a photo of James wearing underpants, clogs and a t-shirt while playing in the backyard.



1 comment:

Dorothy Gould said...

Love the new t shirt, but I love the clog, undie and t shirt outfit even better. That is one for the first girlfriend to see, for sure. Yeah, Spring Break certainly has changed, most of Sophie's classmates are going away. We'll be "breaking" right here at home!