Friday, July 27, 2007

How cute is this guy?

While in Roswell, Mike's mom Dottie gave me a few photos of Mike as a little boy. People often tell me they think James looks like Mike. It is hard for me to see, because I do not think Mike as a child looked like a miniature version of adult Mike. Maybe it is the goatee-thingee that is throwing me off?

I CAN see that James looks very much like Mike's brother's kids, especially Bill and Madeline's boys Cole, Mathew and Kevin. Anyway, seeing these photos really brings it into focus! I can totally see James in there.

This must be Mike's second birthday:

And this is an older version:
Enjoy!

5 comments:

StephB said...

Wow, James does look a lot like Mike at 2!

Dagny is doing the same highlights speech as James. "Emmy. car. een." means "We rode in Emily's car today." : ) So cute.

Dorothy Gould said...

Great pics of Mike, and now I can see James in there as well. I like the fact that he had a black eye on his birthday!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how much James looks like Mike! Happy early birthday to our favorite nephew in the NL:-) He is starting to talk sooo cute and is growing up so fast!

Mike Maier said...

didn't notice the black eye until you said it-- but very funny.

Peg Odenthal said...

Oh my gosh; the memories!!! Which one of our bros gave you the black eye, Mike??!! Behind your highchair is mom's prized wallpaper (which dad put up one christmas eve)and the potrack (every pot had its space!) Wonder why we're all so organized??!!
Older sis, Peg