We all took naps at different times midday-- and I mean every single one of us.
At my parents house, whenever James heard the phone ring he would start repeating "Hello Lizzie, Hello Lizzie". Is this an indication that my mom and sister Elizabeth talk often? of course its not always Aunt Lizzie but he thinks it is now. Last night one of his Grandpa Maier's fishing buddies called to chat and before I knew it he had picked up the extension and was repeating "Hello Lizzie" into it. We don't have any extensions in Enschede (and honestly get very few phone calls anyway-- so I was not prepared). I managed to pry it away from him and hang up the phone before too long. I also caught him walking around saying "Hello Lizzie" into the remote control this morning.
Around grandma Maier's house there are several photos of James (or Mames) and lots of pics of his mom and dad. We have talked endlessly about each one, and also kissed a few of them since our arrival. Mike arrived safely in Ohio and is loving his time there. Venison burgers are on the menu tonight, and they are busy and learning TONS.
We went to Babies R Us for the first time today. The Alpharetta store is about as big as the entire Netherlands. It was astounding. We went in to look at books and James had fun sampling the toys. Thank goodness baby #2 is a surprise, so there was no pressure to buy anything for him/her-- though I was impressed to see they have an organic cotton line. He rode around on a little bike/car floor model and enjoyed himself thoroughly. It was like we went to the park without leaving the AC.
Here are some photos of James having a birthday celebration in Valdosta, with all his cousins enjoying watching the present opening (Lindsey Kate, Micajah and Heyward). Heyward helped me open all the packaging-- which honestly had totally stumped me.


Micajah living vicariously through James' Thomas the Tank accoutrement. And to tell you the truth, I thought the Thomas stuff was a little weird and creepy at first-- with those gray clay-like faces stuck on the front of the trains, but I have now gone totally over to the dark side. I like Thomas the train. I want to get a dvd with British English while back in the NL, because I bet it is even more charming in Brit-speak.
Another of james and Micajah-- and trust me, you haven't fully experienced adorable until you have heard Micajah read "pat the bunny" to his cousin. 
james really understood more about gifts/opening gifts this time

1 comment:
Precious, wonderful, adorable pictures! Of Course, I'm not biased. It blesses my socks off that he says "Hello Lizzie" every time the phone rings. It makes me want to call him often! :)
Post a Comment