

Zombie Alley is what Anne calls one of the streets leading to her street, this is because of a guy who hangs outside on said Alley in front of his house-- lets just say he has some issues. Anne assured me my visit was fortuitous because I saw the Zombie not once but three times, and even got a glimpse of his roomate, the Fatman. James and I headed to Anne and Todd's house (and Rollie and Tiller's house, too) for our final night in Atlanta. Anne offered weeks ago to help get us to the airport. As she lives a mere 20 minutes from Hartsfield Jackson International, and has two kids just waiting to entertain me and my two kids... well the decision was simple.
The Johnsons live in East Atlanta in a great house that is roomy, well planned and oh so cute from the outside. I guess it is craftsman style, but a new build, so would that be neocraftsman-- the neighborhood is a mix of several styles, but there are some Victorian homes and lots of new and original craftsman houses. Great architectural details that are completely foreign to me now. There were TONS of charming places that Anne assured me are no longer going for a song. It always seems to be that way.
We had a great time. The Johnson clan are just as fun and kind as Anne's blog would lead you to believe. And Rollie and the Tiller were a hoot. Rollie gave me a glimpse of the future, when those first words turn into lots and lots and lots of questions. Hilarious and entertaining. Both kids are ADORABLE, and Tiller (though quiet compared to Rollie) is like a ray of sunshine when she flashes that smile.
We met up with Camille and friends/kids for a swim date at her neighborhood pool. It was awesome. My pregnancy brain was especially dumb that day. I think I managed to call Camille both Camilla (I'd just read an article about Parker-Bowles) and Carmella, which is the name of Natalie's child. Hopefully she does not think I am a total moron. We spent the final morning at Chandler Park and had such a nice time. It was shady under the equipment, the air was clear-- I couldn't have ordered a more perfect day.
Here are some photos, including the series of them all standing up, then copying each other as they all squat down, then get back up again.




2 comments:
LOL! Love that you liked Zombie Alley. The only way better to see it is on foot. Helps with the running when you start hearing, "brains" muttered behind you.
We had a great time. Thanks for the pics of the kids, and Y'all come back now, ya hear?
I love the monkey see, monkey do pics of them squatting, very funny.
Post a Comment