Saturday, July 21, 2007

Extremely short post

Hello All, this is Katharine just letting you know James and I are safe and back in Enschede. I will give a detailed description of the plane ride when I can describe it in a humorously offhand way. I think I need one good night's sleep first. We just had dinner, James is down, and I am next. I may make it to 8:30PM, but I am not counting on it.
When the camera batteries recharge I will supply some nice shots from the end of our American excursion. Until then, the directors of the barn raising/restoration in Ohio that Mike is participating in have a nice daily web report that could be found through an earlier link. Here is the direct link for anyone interested in what is going on.
The Heartwood apprentices arrived around Day 14. As his sister Dorothy pointed out, you can see Mike occasionally in the background. Don't let the timber jargon throw you off--- I doubt many people get all their references. I certainly do not have any clue about a good portion of the timber-y details.

2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

glad you are back home safe and sound. in today's update on the timber frame site, there are some good shots of mike. plus i think the woman who will win the shortest contest, i noticed her tatoos....dag

StephB said...

Glad you are back home safe.

Mike is in photos on Day 17 (t-shirt photo) and Day 19 (some kind of boom rotation). They look like they are having lots of fun.