Friday, June 02, 2006

Here comes sickness...

Unfortunately, James and I (Mike) caught some bug on our way home. I'd been fighting it off for days before we left but the last leg of sleepless travel did me in. James was actually great on the trip home (compared to the 17 hour nightmare going west) as it was mostly night and he slept pretty well on the plane and train rides home. That said, the poor guy doesn't know what to make of a runny nose; there's no showing a baby how to blow out and clear the gunk.
We did have a great trip anyway, seeing a lot of family and eating great meals the whole time. We also missed almost 2 weeks of crappy weather (it's now 50 degrees and grey, fitting for staying inside with a cold and watching Roland Garros). Today it's back to work as Katharine finishes up the course she has been helping with and I start reading another thesis (anthropology instead of policy finally!)

Here are some more photos from the trip:
-The Farm, quite the southern setting for a beautiful wedding (too busy to fish the pond unfortunately...


-The Steedley cousins, Micajah graciously letting James eat his back-up Spiderman...


-The Twins. They are great, becoming very distinct but so funny to watch together...


-The Gould girls hamming it up:


-The closest of many attempts to get all three wee babies in the same frame...

3 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

Mike, I hope you and James recover quickly. Being at home and back on schedule should help you all feel better. Those are some great pictures. I agree, it is hard to get a decent shot of more than one child!

Dogwood Girl said...

What a beautiful mess of kids! Hope you guys feel better soon.

Elizabeth said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!

Love the photos!