Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Birthday Bash and Big Boy Bike

Big day today as James and I attended friend Anna's 1st birthday party (rescheduled from a month ago). Great time at Kristin's house with 4 babys around the same age, delicious cupcakes, cool Nijntje hats, plenty of toys to hit each other with, and even good weather. Kristin, mother of two, had the wisdom to immediately pose the kids for a group shot before the inevitable breakdowns/crawling in different directions.
Here is l/r Kirsten (10 months), James, Helena (8 months), and birthday girl Anna (~13 months).



We also recently got paid for a thesis I worked on all last month and went out and splurged on a new fancy bike seat for his nibs. It's much easier to set up and break down than the trailer and best of all comes with a cool CHiPs wind guard (can anyone tell me why Ponch has such a blatantly Welsh middle name?). James really dug it and acted like he was driving the whole time...



10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the party hat and the new bike seat!!

Nat said...

That is a very cool bike seat! I have never seen one in the front. The one we have is on the back of the bike and makes it very hard to peddle/navigate. Not that it matters since I think both my kids are too big for it anyway. that I never ride a bike. But still, cool seat!

Dorothy Gould said...

oi7i7i7ioiooiopplllljiiuiiuuiruyyyy

Sophie helped me type these comments, can you tell? As soon as she saw the hats, she recognized miffy right off, pretty funny.

I really like the bike seat, it must be much more comfortable having him in front of you. what was ponch's middle name, i can't remember.

Mike Maier said...

Officer Francis Llewellyn 'Ponch' Poncherello. Go figure.

StephB said...

Great photos of the hat and cool CHiPs bike seat.

GrandmaMaier said...

I really like the wind breaker in front of James. Great when going at a good speed. Wonderful picture of party people together, not so easy to get.

Dogwood Girl said...

Kat, I feel compelled to let you know before you let James back on a bike (or a "bikel," as Rollie calls it) with Mike, that I have seen Mike in action on four wheels, and it is not grace in motion. In fact, if you have not heard the story, make sure to ask him about the skateboard incident wherein he received the concussion, cancelling the "big gig" and had to be awakened every two hours and told what had happened to him. I believe his reaction after being told each time what happened to him was, "Who the hell let me on a skateboard??!!"

I'm not saying James shouldn't ride a bike, just maybe that he should ride with mama.

p.s. Llewellyn was on my list of boys names, but Todd wouldn't go for it. Seems since he doesn't regularly read 1000-page books about British history that he doesn't have the same positive associations with the name that i do.

Mike Maier said...

For the record, Charlie finally wrote the answers to all my questions on my arm, in order, and finally just grunted and pointed to my forearm every time I woke up.

Dogwood Girl said...

LOL! I had forgotten about the answers being written on your arm. With a Sharpie, i believe? ha!

Mike Maier said...

let's not forget that was the summer I lived in a closet.