

We are just about to head to London and Glasgow for the first real holiday we have had in a while. We have friends living in both places, so decided a whirlwind tour was in order. It will be fun to be around native English speakers, even if they say "Maths" instead of "Math".
We had a fun Easter weekend. In the Netherlands you get Good Friday and the Monday after Easter as holidays, which is a wonderful treat. We invited Wim, Tamara and Eefke over for a little afternoon snack. Eefke is 6 months older than James, so she is always our best indicator of what the future holds. If James is anywhere as verbal and mobile at 14 months we are in for good times. This is the best photo from the day-- unfortunately most were too dark, as I have issues with using the flash indoors.
The other photo is of my new haircut. It is about time. I am terrible about getting haircuts. I am a horrible combination-- cheap and picky! It doesn't work when it comes to haircuts. I have many memories of disappointing salon moments. After years of trying to figure my hair out, I have been lazy here in the NL, and just grown it long and pulled it back. For a few weeks I have been thinking about a haircut. I waited until I had free time on Saturday to try to find a salon in town. Of course many of them are all booked up by Saturday. I went to a place a friend recommended and they were full. Mike, James and I then walked into town to another place I'd noticed. They didn't have time either. Then Mike noticed a place across the street -- despite the mannequin with purple hair in the window, I thought I'd give it a try. The music was loud and the kids working there were very very hip (one employee had -- I am not joking-- half of his head shaved, and the other half covered in blue and green tatoos). I noticed that despite the workforce, the clients were normal looking and the price was right. I found an English speaking girl and she listened very intently to what I wanted and then started chopping away. The pile of hair on the floor was HUGE, but I was very happy with the results. My new hair stylist is named Corrine, and my new salon is called "Ruthless Knippers", which means Ruthless Cutters.
3 comments:
Let me be the first to comment, I LOVE the new do! It is very flattering, and a great length on you. Enjoy your trip, we keep meaning to call, but when I finally get a moment, it is 3am your time! Safe travels, love, dor and crew
Very becoming! :)
Have fun on your trip!
Love the new cut, totally sympathize with the cheap and picky dilemma, and i raise you a "very graying." That is why we have been calling me "Stripe" of late; as in the mean Gremlin with the gray stripes in his hair. I am that gray. And too cheap to get it colored that often. My stylist (and dear friend)Robin gets really ticked, but i just have trouble getting it done every 8 wks or so! Yes, this post has become all about me, and my hair, and my thoughts, and my needs.
Post a Comment