Sunday, April 02, 2006

Embarkation

We are finally getting the opportunity to see a bit more of the Netherlands. I have been to Maastricht with my sister when she visited, and to Utrecht for school a few times. Mike and I have been to Amsterdam several times (though there is still more to see), and with visiting friends and family to places nearby like the Hoge Veluwe and Ommen. We have also briefly visited Friesland, where some of my research cases are found. Beginning this week we will be travelling from end to end, and corner to corner of the Netherlands. We are visiting the wetlands I study and I am also going to conduct interviews with wetland experts in different places. It will be such a nice trip-- we are excited. Hopefully the beautiful spring weather will continue to cooperate, so that we can really see the wetlands and get some nice photos. The only downside was dropping the pups off at the kennel. We have never tried it before, but we thought it was the best solution. I still think that I am much more upset about it than they are. I am betting on the fact that not much can happen in 12 days.

See you soon!!!

No comments: