I spent this morning at the American Philatelic Society Convention, held at the Hartford Convention Center. We received a flyer in the mail that the stamp show was coming to town so I thought I would go check it out. I enjoyed it immensely-- these guys are way beyond my level of moderate philately, but it is always interesting to hear people talking about something they love. One of the most fascinating booths was a guy who specializes in letters that survived shipwrecks and train wrecks. Very much a niche market, but really interesting to see.
I was without a DOUBT the only woman under forty and over eleven at the convention. Maybe there were more during the earlier days of the event, but I had the distinct feeling that there are few women interested in general. I did hear that the Chinese are the largest growing population of stamp-o-philes in the world. Apparently they were not allowed to collect in the past, and have really gotten into it now that they can. Very interesting day all around.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday James and Will! Nice hats, and way to smash that cake Willy. See you next month.
Leslie & Jack
It's always nice when they know what the picture on the cake is supposed to be.
Happy Bday James and Will, we miss you guys!
Looks like James and Will, their guests and of course you guys had a fabulous birthday party. We're sorry we missed it. We thought of you guys though so maybe you felt your ears burning?
What a GREAT cake! Aunt Lizzie is SO proud!
It looks like a WONDERFUL birthday! Wish we could have been there.
Kat (Or mike?) I am very impressed that you are carrying on the Maier tradition of the homeade birthday cake .. I knew it was Thomas! Peg
Post a Comment