Mom and Will
Every parent hold your baby.
Kat with Maya, James, and Will
The guys in action
James giving Maya one of MANY kisses. Everytime he was scolded during our visit to the Lopez-Alstrups he would run over and kiss Maya. he knows his target audience.
Playing next to the garden
Finding turtles in the canal
Willy in the Stokke chair for a bite to eatI know what you are thinking. In addition to realizing it is Koninginnedag, you are thinking-- hey, isn't Katharine supposed to be finished with her dissertation by the end of April. The answer is yes, but the real answer is not quite. Very close but not quite there yet.
Nine of eleven chapters have been submitted for what we hope is the final read, the two remaining chapters-- one case study, and the conclusions-- are right around the corner. The conclusions should be simple, the final case study will require a bit more work. In the mean time I am grading the papers for my students. That should take at least another day... and then on to the dissertation, again. We may have to sign up for another week of babysitting to get through this last bit, but if that is what it takes then so be it.
Tomorrow I (Katharine) am taking a much needed break from school and writing to accompany James on his first field trip--to the farm. It is actually THE FARM-- OUR FARM that supplies our weekly fruit and veg, so we are thrilled to make a visit. On a side note the farm family are also local shrimpers, and caught their first shrimp of the season last week. We bought a pound of fresh, local, preservative free shrimp and Mike cooked them up. My was it delicious. You can arrange to have a set amount added onto your weekly veg pickup, but we have not yet done that.
Here are some photos to share, taken by Maya's Mormor (Danish for grandmother) during her visit. We went over for homemade pizza one night and it was DeLICIOUS.
1 comment:
Good luck with the rest of the dissertation! I wanted to tell yout that I've looked into the CSAs around here- I LOVE the idea. I can't seem to find one with any open shares, though. I did find an open market where I can go and buy local farm food, so I may do that once a week. Anyway, enjoy the farm trip!
Post a Comment