It was needed. Mike and James have been a little off for two days with a head cold. Nothing serious, but enough to yield a little disturbed sleep for the last two nights (Mike two nights ago and James last night). The Dutch have a great trick for a head cold-- sleeping with a chopped onion next to your bed. It smells strongly, but works so well to get you through the whole night. I used it several times when pregnant, because I didn't want to take anything-- it was incredible. I highly recommend it!
I put one next to William's sleep area last night, because I want to avoid any breathing problems with him for the sake of continued nursing success-- but I totally forgot to set one up in James room. He seemed relatively fine at bedtime, but we could hear he was having trouble sleeping in the night. He awoke normally, and seemed okay for school; but for the first time got a call to pick him up. They said he did not have a fever, that he just seemed not himself. So we brought him home and he had a morning of reading on the sofa with momma while Wilma cleaned up and did all the laundry, Dad went out to three shops to buy all the things we needed, and brother William slept close by between feedings.
We intended to have a James-only day of blogging, but a head cold and inclement weather make for poor photos! We have a few from yesterday afternoon anyway. He is showing off his own tummy-- which has been expanding lately. We marvel every day at how HUGE he is in comparison to William, how MUCH he can do, how WELL he can help around the house.
We have had two nice family walks this week. One on both Monday and Tuesday in the afternoons. We all needed a fresh bit of air, the dogs needed walking, and James has been really interested in any chance to practice his biking.
here are some shots of our days...
James on his duck
showing off his own expanding girth
we don't care if it's gas, we count it as a smile
Wilma help me set up this one-- which she called the Anne Geddis shot-- achieved with a pillow and a cardboard box!
2 comments:
What handsome Boys you have! I KNOW James is SUCH the good big brother!
You need to get an "Anne Geddis" shot of Mike holding William (lying on his tummy) in the palm of his hand.
What a delicious looking pastry Wilma made. I am SO jealous! :) She sounds like a God-send.
Don't let that Wilma leave!! Laundry, vaccuming, cooking, photographer's assistant...she is a true find!
I count it as a smile too. Sweet.
Post a Comment