I. Katharine, recognized a Ferrari on TV yesterday. I usually classify cars in the simplest terms: red, blue, car, truck. I am not a priss, I am just not that into cars. I will get down on the ground to catch any bug (non stinging) but I am just not interested in cars.
After recognizing the Ferrari (because James has a model version from our friends Judith and Niels) I had a mini-epiphany about my future in a household of men. The signs are all there. I should have seen it earlier. I have been drawing pictures of airplanes, helicopters, and trains to the exclusion of all other images for weeks. I can see endless battles over the toilet seat in my future. I will have to get some coping strategies from my sisters in law who are in the same boat. As of yesterday, I added spiders, ants, and birds to drawing time with James. My helicopters in particular are pretty weak.
Yesterday we took a longer walk with the pups and the boys. We made the mistake of choosing too long a route for James' biking abilities. He was exhausted, but unwilling to get off the bike and be carried by the end of our trip. It was also nearing bath-time, which is not the best time of day for difficult situations. In the interest of safety he was carried back by Dad, despite tears.
In other news, our last day with Wilma was yesterday-- it was so great to have her here to help us transition for the first week. We were sorry to see her go!
Will has surpassed his birth weight, and was up to 3060 grams by his one-week anniversary yesterday. He has already outgrown his first clothing size, the smallest newborn size that is sold here.
Here are some shots:
1 comment:
Kat, So funny about your future in a boy filled home. Just having one has made a difference, the amt of cars/trucks/trains seemed to multiply overnight. It looks like the weather there is so pleasant, how nice to wear long sleeves, we are still hot and yucky here, I am so ready for Fall!
Glad that Will is growing by leaps and bounds....
Post a Comment