Thursday, September 29, 2005

Moving on up...





Well, now that we are getting into something of a rythym- we have both been able to return to something besides (or I should say in addition to) 24 hour baby care and doting. While I finally connected the sewage and water pipes for the upstairs toilet, Katharine was able to almost finish (no pun) applying for a grant to work in Finland next year. The bathroom is pretty exciting as since we have been in the Netherlands, aside from the 1st six months when we rented a house with a roommate, we have spent a year in a half finished trailer home and 4 months in the mostly finished 1st floor of our house. Its been a typically Sisyphean slog in my contruction career as we have conciously made the decision to live in potentially great living spaces while remodeling. I think the last time I lived in a 2 story house without roommates was 1986 New Jersey.
As for Finland, they do fit into Katharine's wetland research and if it works out we could spend 6-9 months of next year in an even colder climate. Though I sometimes wish the population density and wetland restoration case studies of Spain or Italy could match our criteria, it would be amazing to see the Northern lights again and go to Lapland.

No comments: