Monday, June 11, 2007

DIY cut

James has been getting pretty shaggy and the last time we took him to the kapper they did a great job but it only lasted for two weeks or so. We decided since Mike was going to cut his hair with the clippers we would let James watch and try it on him as well.



We probably won't try it again until he is older and has a little more patience to sit still. Katharine did a good job cleaning it up in the bathtub but it is still a bit rough at the moment in the patches where he really struggled to get away from the clippers.



The fake smile.

Its crazy how it makes kids look so much older when they get their hair cut...

5 comments:

Bill Maier said...

Mike - I always went with the straight buzz cut - #2 blade. That lasted until they were about 7 and then didn't want it cut so short. Now its the barbershop!!

he still looks very handsome!!

StephB said...

I like the little boys with the buzz cuts. Very nice work!

Better to have a few strange areas in the buzz than to subject your boy to the bowl cut!

Dorothy Gould said...

Mike, love it, he sure is a handsome dude. If he needs a trim when he is here, we love our barber Stuart. He cuts everyone's hair in our family ('cept me) and is great with kids. Maybe on Kat's return trip thru we could pay him a visit if James is shaggy by then. Know what you mean about them looking older...he trimmed Michael's in the back, and now he has a true "hairline" back there and over the ears, looks so grown up to me.

Mike Grotto said...

Mike,
Just wanted to say "Hi" and get your e-mail address. I had an old one but it would not go through. I would love to talk to you soon. Your son is adorable but I can't give you any advice on the hair. I have two girls and my wife won't let me near them with anything that cuts hair.
Mike Grotto

Mike Grotto said...

Mike,
Oh I forgot my email is MLGROTTO@COMCAST.NET
If anyone else wants to say Hi I would love to hear from any of the Maier clan.
Mike Grotto