Thursday, February 02, 2006

A walk in the snow





Just a quick trip around town today-- we made our way through a light dusting of snow to the Doctor to have James' hips checked out. The Consultatie Bureau recommended we have this done because they detected that one of his legs is slightly longer than the other, which might indicate hip displasia. The huisarts (GP) agrees and so he is scheduled for an X Ray in a few weeks. If anything, we think it is very slight, and its much too soon to worry about what the tests may show. Despite the cause of the errand, we had a wonderful walk through a very quiet Enschede. When we try to do this sort of thing on the weekend everything is so crowded that it is not always a lot of fun. Here are some pics of Enschede's blijdensteinpark and of course the star of the show: James D in snowsuit (feat. Mike).

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is the CUTEST snow suit I have ever seen! The snow is SO beautiful! The groundhog predicted 2 more weeks of winter, but I don't think we've even seen winter AT ALL here in south GA!

Mike Maier said...

yep- i gotta say, as hard as it is to deal with the cold, snow clothes are adorable!

Elizabeth said...

Also, the groundhog predicted 6 weeks of winter not 2. I guess I am a little blonde today.

Dorothy Gould said...

Love the snowsuit, he looks like a little elf! And how peaceful the snow looks, I do miss that, we haven't even gotten our yearly dusting here in Atlanta this winter.

StephB said...

James is such a looker. Beautiful snow photos.

Dogwood Girl said...

The snow is beautiful (we had a very slight sprinkling ourselves last night!) and i ADORE the picture of sleeping James Dalton. Kiss those eyelids for me.