


Halloween isn't really celebrated in the Netherlands, though I am afraid that in 20 years or so this holiday will spread all over the world. The lure of large bags of candy is just too strong. Our first year in the NL we hosted a Halloween party, and had a lot of fun-- but we prefer Thanksgiving, and would rather celebrate that. Due to the proximity of these holidays hosting both is just not manageable. Our Halloween was very lowkey-- we dressed James up this morning, took some photos and then took the suit off. It was great.
We spent the weekend working on the house. Mike helped our neighbor Ronald get their nursery ready for their baby, due in February. I worked on the garden. It turned out that renting a jackhammer was not necessary (bummer)-- Mike was able to cut out one stone, which made removing the row easy. I then rushed to replant everything from pots into the ground while our neighbor Maaike held the baby. All in all a really nice weekend- the weather is still beautiful, and should remain so through Thursday.
For the photos, here is James smiling up at Mike, a closeup of James in his pea suit, and one of me and James in the garden (note Ghost in the background).
2 comments:
So cute! Is Ghost the dog? Or do you have a haunted house?
Congrats on getting some gardening in. I like to garden, but it is so hard with little ones. It gets easier when they can walk and start learning not to put everything they find in their mouths. When I do get Todd to watch Rollie, it is so great to get a chance to play in the dirt.
That is Ghost the dog. He is a major Momma's boy.
Post a Comment